Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Big Boy Bed
This is the 3rd night Tesshin has gone to bed in his big boy bed. We've actually had it set up since December but with the whole potty training thing I didn't want to mess up his groove and overwhelm him with too much change at one time. Tesshin has been playing on the top bunk and loves for me to get up there too. (I wonder what the weight limit is on that thing?) And then just recently, he was hinting that he wanted to sleep in the big boy bed. We were amazed and totally encouraged it. We started on Sunday night. We kept the same routine - bocha (bath), 10 mintues of TV (Wow Wow Wubbzy), Goodnight Gorilla book and then lights out. Success!!! No crying, no waking up at night, nothing but 9 1/2 hours of blissful sleep. I've come to realize that Tesshin is a lot more aware of everything around him than I give him credit for. Maybe because he's so little in size, that I still think of him as a little baby, but he's a big boy. Since he's turned 2, he's shown that he definitely does things on HIS time and on HIS terms, but when it happens it's not a struggle. We're glad to have our bedroom back to ourselves. I was so happy last night, I stayed up until 11:30 watching TV in my bed. It was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment