Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Mommy and me time
It was just me and Tesshin tonight. I remember those nights when it was just the two of us and I could put him anywhere and he would still be there when I got back. Now when I want to go use the bathroom or get something to eat, he's right there behind me, at me heels. I have to be sure I have something to keep him occupied while I'm doing what I'm doing. If I'm in the kitchen, he's banging on pie tins. If he finds his way to the office, I have some of his toys on the floor. I try my best not to let him find me in the bathroom - gross! Anyway, it was nice spending time with him. He surprises me every day with something new he can do. Today, he showed me that he can turn the page of a book. I was reading a book to him and he took complete charge of turning the page. He would let me finish reading the page and when I said "Turn the page", he would. I would help and lift the page so he could grab it, but he held onto it until I told him to turn the page. I thought that that was neat. I hope he'll like to read books when he's older. Tessho came home from his school's open house and Tesshin showed off his new skill to him, too. It could be a one time fluke but I'm still proud of him. We also showed Tessho his nice fat bump above his eye. I was on all fours and Tesshin crawled over to me. He likes to put his head against yours and when he did that the second time he came down hard and knocked me in the side of my head. It hurt me so I know it hurt him more. When I gave him a bath, I saw a huge bump above his eye. Poor thing. Well, I leave you with a picture of my boy. He was playing peek-a-boo with me behind the wall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment